Selecting the right inventory management system takes time! Here are 5 essential tips that will help you simplify the process!
If you are looking for an inventory management system, you’ve probably realized that there are lots of options out there, making the process harder. You can’t just choose the first inventory management software you find, as sooner or later you will discover that the software is not suitable for your or your business company.
So, where to start? There are 5 essential tips you need to follow, in order to find and choose the right software:
- Determine your budget – The first thing you need to do is determine your budget. It is almost impossible to find the right inventory management system if you don’t know your budget. A carefully defined budget can save you time and effort, will narrow down your search, and you will not spend time on systems that are out of your budget range. The inventory management systems can vary in price from free to $100.000. This means that there are various options in terms of capabilities, quality, and scalability. Not knowing what your price range is will limit your chances to find the perfect fit. There are systems for small office market, lower market, software, mid market software, upper market software, and enterprise software. The price will depend on the type of software you will choose.
- Identify your inventory challenges – There is a wide range of different prices, but also there is a breadth of system functionality and capabilities. You need to be absolutely sure you know all of your inventory processes and the possible challenges you may face. This will help the inventory management experts to recommend proper solutions that can meet your needs and solve your inventory challenges.
- Know exactly what integrations you need – Is your business company using accounting ERP, CRM or some other software? The new inventory management software system you will choose should integrate with the other systems you currently use. If it doesn’t, that may be a problem for you as you will have to enter data manually. You are also risking of potential data loss or data update delays. You need to find and choose a system that can integrate with the systems you use and improve the overall visibility and efficiency.
- Know how you want to track the items – As you probably know, there are different ways of tracking inventory, meaning it is really important to know exactly what method you want to use. For example, you can track your items using RFID tags, barcodes, kitting, serialization, lot control, and etc. Not only there are various methods but there are some that will work better with specific inventory processes. You need to understand the importance of choosing the method, before you actually start your search for an inventory management software.
- Know the number of users that will access the software system – When searching for an inventory management system, it is really good to know exactly how many users will access the system. The price of many inventory management software systems have extra costs for more users. Determining the user needs will be useful when you contact the company and view the pricing. By knowing the number of users, it will be easier for you and for the inventory management system providers to determine the end cost.
By following these great tips, you will be on your way to finding the ideal inventory management system for your business company. So, are you ready to start your search?
Most Important Features of B2B Ecommerce Solution: How to Get Ahead of the Game
What can B2B learn from B2C? What are the most important features of B2B ecommerce solution? Read this article and find out!
We can see that B2B ecommerce is on the rise! So many b2b companies are starting to recognize that their success or competitive advantage doesn’t come from having just any B2B solution but it comes from having and using the right platform and an experienced provider who understands business processes, rules, and issues.
One of the most important things that b2b ecommerce can learn from b2c is that customer experience should be at the center of everything you do. Every customer experience with your brand needs to be seamless and consistent. This has developed technological improvements and has formed customer expectations. The buyers have been trained to expect speed, sophistication, and simplicity from their personal shopping experience. If you want to stay ahead in the game, you need to focus on delivering the best customer experience.
The first thing you can do is choose the right b2b ecommerce solution. There are a few features you need to keep in mind when choosing a b2b platform:
- Configurable and scalable: A b2b solution should make it easy for your brand to enter and compete in new markets. This requires support for multi-language, multi-currency, and multi-websites to offer customers a seamless shopping experience. You need a platform that allows easy configuration for customer specific catalogs and takes into consideration the customer needs around payment methods, delivery, and business rules.
- Impeccable cross-device experience: Being able to compare and buy online wherever and whenever the shopper wants has increased the usage of smartphone and other gadgets. Millennials use their smartphone more than the previous generation and it is no surprise that the cross-device customer experience has been an important factor for businesses. You need an advanced b2b solution that will be optimized for an impeccable cross-device experience that will make online ordering easy, regardless of the location of the customer.
- Automated and integrated: Seamless integration is absolutely necessary when running a b2b business. For example, integrating sales and customer data with your ERP system means that your marketing and sales departments have access to customer information. This makes their job simpler next time a customer visits your store.
With the right b2b ecommerce solution, you can achieve anything you like!